Access Coordinator (Hamblen Co./Talbott)
Location: (Hamblen Co./Talbott)
Provides patient assistance to accessing services by handling incoming and outgoing phone calls in a high volume call center setting. This will include utilizing professional customer service skills to greet patients, triaging patient requests to identify need and coordinating appropriate and timely appointments to services.
- Primary responsibility is to assist patients in accessing care.
- Utilizes professional customer service skills to process incoming phone calls, evaluating patient healthcare needs and directing patient requests to the most appropriate individual or department.
- Clearly communicates patient requests to appropriate providers and clinic staff via use of electronic tasking and voice messaging systems.
- Collects and enters into practice management system all patient demographics including contact information, address, and required UDS demographics.
- Obtains patient insurance information and verifies eligibility utilizing RTS
- Completes initial pre-screening tool within the electronic health record for all new patients
- Performs scheduling and/or rescheduling of appointments for both new and existing patients across multiple service lines
- Provides site with initial screening information prior to initial visit.
- Informs patients of eligibility qualifications and required documentation needed for application of the sliding fee discount, Behavioral Health Safety Net and other applicable financial programs.
- Advises patient of pertinent clinic programs based on their identified healthcare needs.
- Provides patients with information regarding social service agencies.
- Educates patients on clinic policies as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent required; one year certificate from college or technical training program for medical office procedures preferred. Five or more years of experience in outpatient healthcare clinic preferred or equivalent combination of education and experienced.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Ability to communicate verbally and non-verbally with patients, coworkers and members of management. Excellent professional customer service skills are required. Knowledge of Word Processing software and Electronic Medical Records software. Knowledge of common policies and procedures needed to perform the job, including general office or call center functions.