Access Coordinator (Knox Co./Knoxville)
ACCESS COORDINATOR 1 - (Knox Co./Knoxville)
A Cherokee Access Coordinator provides patient assistance to accessing services by handling incoming and outgoing phone calls in a high volume call center setting. This will include utilizing professional customer service skills to greet patients, triaging patient requests to identify needs, and coordinating appropriate and timely appointments to services.
This is a temp to permanent position Mon-Fri 8 am-5 pm
- Primary responsibility is to assist patients in accessing care.
- Utilizes professional customer service skills to process incoming phone calls, evaluating patient healthcare needs, and directing patient requests to the most appropriate individual or department.
- Clearly communicates patient requests to appropriate providers and clinic staff via the use of electronic tasking and voice messaging systems.
- Collects and enters into practice management system all patient demographics including contact information, address, and required UDS demographics.
- Obtains patient insurance information and verifies eligibility utilizing RTS
- Completes initial pre-screening tool within the electronic health record for all new patients
- Performs scheduling and/or rescheduling of appointments for both new and existing patients across multiple service lines
- Provides site with initial screening information prior to the initial visit.
- Informs patients of eligibility qualifications and required documentation needed for the application of the sliding fee discount, Behavioral Health Safety Net, and other applicable financial programs.
- Advises patients of pertinent clinic programs based on their identified healthcare needs.
- Provides patients with information regarding social service agencies.
- Educates patients on clinic policies as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual-Spanish speaking is preferred but not required.
• Demonstrate high level of fluency in Spanish and English preferred but not required, both written and spoken.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Prior experience working in a medical office preferred; other experience accepted experience positive interaction with customers in a call center, retail, customer service environment, hospitality industry.
Cherokee Health Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or genetics.