Access Coordinator (Talbott)
Provides patient assistance to accessing services that best meet the healthcare needs of the individual.
- Primary responsibility is to assist patients in accessing care.
- Utilizes professional customer service skills to evaluate patient healthcare needs at locations closest to the patient.
- Verifies medical insurance coverage, verifies income to check for qualification of the sliding fee discount and/or other safety net programs; Primary Care Provider assignment; co-pays/deductibles and enters this information into the computer.
- Schedules patient appointments and provide reminders of first time appointments.
- Enters initial demographics, insurance information, and emergency contact information into Information System.
- Provides site with initial screening information prior to initial visit.
- Advises patient of pertinent clinic programs that are appropriate based on their identified healthcare needs.
- Provides patients information regarding social service agencies.
- Educates patients on clinic policies as appropriate.
- Mails out registration forms to patients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent required; one year certificate from college or technical training program for medical office procedures preferred. Five or more years of experience in outpatient healthcare clinic preferred or equivalent combination of education and experienced.
Bilingual skills are a necessity with the ability to communicate verbally and in written form in both English and Spanish. Must be able to translate as well as speak Spanish fluently. Must possess the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Work Processing software, Electronic Medical Records software and Spreadsheet design software.