Accounts Payable Clerk (Morristown)
Timely processing of all vendor invoices and employee expense reimbursement requests. Detection of erroneous and/or redundant invoice amounts, assignment of proper General Ledger account, department and project codes, verification of proper approval and/or supportive documentation for purchases. Communication with vendors and employees to resolve questions/problems.
Responsibilities: Include the following.
- Open mail and assign proper G/L account and appropriate department and project codes.
- Review invoices for reasonableness and accuracy of amount due.
- Review invoices for applicable approval and supporting documentation, forward unapproved payment requests to proper party and/or request documentation to substantiate purchase/reimbursement.
- Attach documentation to invoices and submit to A/P Coordinator for posting.
- Contact vendors and employees with regard to any questionable amounts due or requests for expense reimbursement.
- Maintain good relationship with vendors and employees with regard to timely resolution of questions and problems as they arise.
- Research of vendor accounts for determination of unpaid balance inquiries.
- Assemble posting information for A/P Coordinator to include coded original invoice and all supporting documentation.
- File posted invoices pending payment.
- Match invoices to printed checks and submit to appropriate person(s) for signature.
- Mail signed checks with applicable payment information.
- File check stub with invoice copy and other supporting documentation.
- Maintenance of A/P vendor files and payment documentation.
- Review of supplies on hand and order placement as needed.
- Daily processing of invoices from current day’s mail delivery (interoffice and postal service)
- Daily filing of posted invoices pending payment.
- Weekly match-up of paid invoices to check and submission for signatures.
- Weekly mailing of payments to vendors and/or employees.
- Monthly processing of contract payments due.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Work Processing software, Electronic Medical Records software, and Spreadsheet design software.
CHS is an EEO Employer