Behavioral Assistant - (Knox Co./Knoxville)
Location: (Knox Co./Knoxville)
Assists in examination and treatment of patients under direction of Physician or Nurse Practitioner by performing the following duties.
RESPONSIBILITIES - Include the following:
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information on patients' charts and maintains patient confidentiality
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials
- Escorts patients to provider’s office when notified by PSR
- Obtains vital signs of patient per RN or provider request
- Enters vital signs in EHR
- Gathers call notes and labs of RN’s on both floors
- Escorts patients back to lobby
- Escorts patients to labs, CHS primary care appointment, and CHS pharmacy as needed
- Assists RN with faxing and requesting medical records from other providers
- Assists patient with filling out information for releases
- Assists RN with escorting pharmaceutical drug representatives to RN office and putting samples away with expiration noted on box in med room
- Assists with keeping med room organized and samples dated and monitor for meds close to expiration date
- Assists with monitoring TPR/CRG list
- Assists with maintaining supplies for RN office
- Assist with making needed copies and maintaining files for RN’s
- Delivers messages to medical records
- Notifies security of next day security list
- Performs scheduling or rescheduling of appointments. Conducts reminder calls to patients
- Scans medical records
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent, One to two years related experience in medical office and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification in CPR and OSHA training. Certification as a Medical Assistant is preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software, Electronic Medical Records software and Spreadsheet design software.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.