Behavioral Health Consultant
Provide behavioral health consultation utilizing a team based model to children, adolescents, adults and families in order to improve psychosocial functioning.
RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following.
- Provide comprehensive assessment and diagnosis of behavioral health clients.
- Provide effective treatment planning and assisting clients in successfully achieving goals.
- Evaluate crisis situations and apply appropriate interventions.
- Actively participate in meetings that support Cherokee’s integrated health care model to provide comprehensive care for clients.
- Assist in the detection of “at risk” patients and development of plans to prevent further psychological or physical deterioration.
- Assist the primary care team in developing care management processes such as the use of guidelines, disease management techniques, case management, and patient education to improve self-management of chronic disease.
- Provide assessment, consultation, and brief intervention for psychological/psychiatric problems and/or disorders.
- Teach patients, families, and staff care, prevention, and treatment enhancement techniques.
- Monitor the site’s behavioral health program, identifying problems related to patient services and making recommendations for improvement.
- Participates in Quality Improvement (QI), Quality Assurance (QA) and Continuous Quality Improvement Activities (CQI) as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Masters Degree in Social Work or PhD/Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Work Processing software, Electronic Medical Records software, and Spreadsheet design software.
Certificates and Licenses:
Licensed in the State of Tennessee as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or a Licensed Psychologist.
· Excellent working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for medical and mental health conditions.
· Ability to work through brief patient contacts as well as to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral conditions.
· Should be comfortable with the pace of primary care, working with an interdisciplinary team, and have strong communication skills.
· Good knowledge of psycho-pharmacology
· Ability to design and implement clinical pathways and protocols for treatment of selected chronic conditions.