Behavioral Health Consultant (New Tazewell, Bean Station, Memphis)
SUMMARY (full-time/40 hours)
Provide behavioral health consultation utilizing a team based model to children, adolescents, adults and families in order to improve psychosocial functioning.
RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following.
- Provide comprehensive assessment and diagnosis of behavioral health clients.
- Provide effective treatment planning and assisting clients in successfully achieving goals.
- Evaluate crisis situations and apply appropriate interventions.
- Actively participate in meetings that support Cherokee’s integrated health care model to provide comprehensive care for clients.
- Assist in the detection of “at risk” patients and development of plans to prevent further psychological or physical deterioration.
- Assist the primary care team in developing care management processes such as the use of guidelines, disease management techniques, case management, and patient education to improve self-management of chronic disease.
- Provide assessment, consultation, and brief intervention for psychological/psychiatric problems and/or disorders.
- Teach patients, families, and staff care, prevention, and treatment enhancement techniques.
- Monitor the site’s behavioral health program, identifying problems related to patient services and making recommendations for improvement.
- Participates in Quality Improvement (QI), Quality Assurance (QA) and Continuous Quality Improvement Activities (CQI) as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Masters Degree in Social Work or PhD in Clinical Psychology
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Work Processing software, Electronic Medical Records software, and Spreadsheet design software.
Certificates and Licenses:
Licensed in the State of Tennessee as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or a Licensed Psychologist.
· Excellent working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for medical and mental health conditions.
· Ability to work through brief patient contacts as well as to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral conditions.
· Should be comfortable with the pace of primary care, working with an interdisciplinary team, and have strong communication skills.
· Good knowledge of psycho-pharmacology
· Ability to design and implement clinical pathways and protocols for treatment of selected chronic conditions.