Location: (Hamblen Co., Morristown)
SUMMARY: Responsible for collecting, posting, and managing account payments. Responsible for submitting corrected claims and following up with insurance companies.
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Adhere to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
• Complete annual education requirements. (not all jobs)
• Always maintain patient confidentiality.
• Report to work on time and as scheduled. Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
• Wear identification while on duty.
• Maintain regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and local regulations. (not all jobs)
• Always represent the organization in a positive and professional manner.
• Comply with all organizational policies and standards regarding ethical business practices.
• Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
• Attend regular staff meetings and in-services as needed.
Education & Experience: High School Diploma or GED. Certification as a coder preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices; Knowledge of computer programs; Knowledge of business office procedures; Knowledge of basic medical coding and third-party operating procedures; Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment; Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system; Skill in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner; Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions; Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public; Must be well organized and detailed-oriented.
Environmental/Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Occasional overtime may be required and/or hours may be shortened as business needs dictate.
Physical Demands: Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment. Manual dexterity needed for using a calculator and computer keyboard. This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, skills and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Cherokee Health Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or genetics.Apply Now