Child Clinical Therapist
Summary: By utilizing a team based model, provides assessment and interventions to children, adolescents, and families for psychological, behavioral, cognitive, or emotional problems.
Locations: Knoxville, Talbott & Newport, TN
Responsibilities: Include the following.
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Comply with applicable code of ethics (by discipline – NASW, APA, ACA)
- Comply with Cherokee Health Systems’ privacy, security, and confidentiality policies
- Actively engages in clinical supervision with designated supervisor
- Actively participate in meetings that support Cherokee Health Systems’ integrated health care model to provide comprehensive care for clients.
- Performs initial intake evaluation by interviewing patient to obtain information concerning their problems and functioning.
- Monitors symptoms and functioning, response to care plan, and need for revisions to care plan based on readiness to change, social and contextual factors, and level of engagement
- Plans and administers evidence informed interventions to assist patient in managing symptoms and improved functioning.
- Communicates and collaborates with community entities serving children and families, including schools
- Completes documentation in EHR same day or within 24 hours per CHS’ Documentation Policy
- Is available for crisis assessment and management
- Follows CHS ‘ Compliance policies and procedures, including reporting of abuse and/or neglect
- Collaborates with other care providers concerning patient
- Maintains highest quality patient care by providing a safe environment through ethical and professional conduct
- Supports CHS’ organizational mission and initiatives, including quality improvement, assurance, and patient safety and risk management processes
- Other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: Master’s degree in social work, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Mental Health Counseling.
Certificates and Licenses: Must be licensed or eligible for licensure as Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, or Professional Counselor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of psychopathology and etiology and progression of behavioral health disorders
- Understanding of relevant DSM-V and ICD-10 codes
- Knowledge of evidence based interventions for psychological, cognitive, behavioral, and emotional conditions
- Familiarity with health care systems, regulations, policies, and functions. Understanding of documentation standards.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborative with all members of the care team and support staff
- Skill in handling a number of tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in Word Processing software and Electronic Medical Records software.
- Ability to collaborate with other members of the care team
- Ability to identify problems, use good judgment and recommend solutions.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Cherokee Health Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or genetics.