Clinic Manager (Hamilton Co./Chattanooga)
Location: (Hamilton Co./Chattanooga)
This position will provide management and supervision of clinic staff and direct day-to-day operations at the clinic location. This position will implement and oversee programs and processes in alignment with corporate policies, goals, and objectives, making clinic-specific modifications when necessary. The Clinic Manager is responsible for ensuring operational efficiency and optimal clinic flow with the goal of minimizing cost, providing quality patient care, and promoting employee satisfaction.
- Provide oversight and implementation of programs and processes that meet the corporate goals and objectives
- Effectively communicates with staff in a consistent, timely, and collaborative manner.
- Collaborates regularly with other clinic leadership to improve processes that remove barriers to patient care.
- Responsible for clinic staffing schedules and call-ins on a daily basis.
- Coordinates as needed with Primary Care (PC) Team leads to rearrange staffing to accommodate clinic schedule.
- Communicates staffing shortages to Operations Leadership and requests help from other clinics as needed.
- Communicates clinic staffing shortages with Front Office staff situations that would affect patient scheduling.
- With input from the clinical and operations leadership, performs annual evaluations of clinic staffing, including support and nurse staffing.
- Responsible for purchasing, receiving, and approving invoices of medical supplies.
- Manages and approves timesheets for payroll bi-weekly for all clinic staff (Provider, Nursing, and support staff).
- Manages provider templates for Primary Care and coordinates scheduling of PTO for Clinic Staff.
- Responds to and resolves patient complaints, with assistance from clinical and operations leadership when indicated.
- Coordinates staffing schedule for staff training / development.
- Communicates with Maintenance and IT on behalf of clinic staff for facility repairs and IT support.
- Participates in Quality Improvement (QI), Quality Assurance (QA) and Continuous Quality Improvement Activities (CQI) as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience working in outpatient medical office required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises and trains employees in the clinic. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance appraisals; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Must possess the ability to demonstrate excellent administrative, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Work Processing software and Electronic Medical Records software.