SUMMARY: Assists in examination and treatment of patients by using a team-based model under the direction of Physician or Nurse Practitioner.
Locations: Knoxville, Alcoa, Blaine & Talbott, TN
RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following:
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assists with prepping and cleaning exam or treatment rooms.
- Escorts patients throughout facility as needed, rooms patient for clinical visit
- Measure and record vital signs in electronic medical record (EMR).
- Verifies pharmacy
- Determines PCMH status and alerts clinical team.
- Performs depression and substance abuse screen and records in EMR; refer to BHC if Positive Depression Screen.
- Requests medical records and/or search ETHIN for patient records.
- Support virtual visits. Assist clinical team with connecting patient to ZOOM.
- Assist with patient outreach needs as needed such as Referral/Diagnostic reporting, FIT test reporting, Virtual Appointment needs.
- Assist with electronic fax folder.
- Schedule CHS appointment needs such as follow up appointments, return appointments for specialty services (pap smear, laboratory, nurse visits).
- Monitors Inventory supplies and alerting clinical team when par levels are low or if there is a supply need.
- Assists with scheduling routine diagnostic test or calls medical facility or department to schedule patients for tests.
- Prepares equipment for provider/clinical staff.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient.
- Obtains pre-certifications from insurance providers for special procedures.
- Assist with survey completion and/or portal enrollment needs.
- Participates in Quality Improvement (QI), Quality Assurance (QA) and Continuous Quality Improvement Activities (CQI) as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent required.
One to two years related experience preferred in medical office and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certified Nursing Assistant preferred, but not required.
Certificates & Licenses:
Nursing Assistant Certification if certified. Maintain professional certification if certified.
Certification in CPR and OSHA training.
Current, unexpired TN Driver’s License with clean driving history (if applicable- some jobs may not require working at multiple locations).
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Work Processing software, Electronic Medical Records software, and Spreadsheet design software
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of equipment, supplies, and materials needed for medical treatment.
- Knowledge of infectious disease management and control and safety standards.
- Skill in assisting with appropriate emergency procedures.
- Skill in handling a number of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to use manual dexterity to perform medical treatments.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and diverse patient populations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Work may require long and irregular hours and under pressure conditions
- May be exposed to communicable diseases.
- Work is performed indoors in a heated and air-conditioned office setting
- Clinic may be crowded and noisy at times.
- Usual clinic functions, which may require physical tasks such as: frequent lifting materials and/or patients up to 20 pounds and up to 50 pounds infrequently.
- Requires standing and/or walking for long hours.
- Requires ability to distinguish between letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Requires a normal range of vision.
- Requires awareness of personal limitations and flexibility.
- Risk may include some exposure to hazardous materials.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Cherokee Health Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or genetics.