Community Health Coordinator (Knox Co./Knoxville)
COMMUNITY HEALTH COORDINATOR
Locations available: (Knox Co./Knoxville) 2018 Western Ave., Knoxville, TN 37921
Monday- Friday 8-5
Full-time 40 hours per week
This position uses an integrative approach to promote wellness and address the medical, behavioral health, substance use, and social determinants of health of an assigned panel of patients. Functions as a member of the multidisciplinary treatment team to assess needs, and develop, implement and revise comprehensive care plans for children, adults, and families. Coordinates with the care team and other community resources and supports to optimize outcomes.
- Visits homes, schools, and other community settings to identify patient and family needs and develop a plan to address.
- Responds in real-time to meet with patients with needs identified during another CHS appointment, develops a plan to address, and coordinates care.
- Provides advocacy, linkage, and referral to community resources.
- Engages patients and families to develop and modify self-management goals.
- Promotes health education and encourages patients to establish a healthcare home.
- Educates and encourages patients to engage in preventive care and establish treatment plans for chronic disease.
- Coordinates care with community services, agencies, schools, and health care providers.
- Works effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team using a unified care plan.
- Participates in multidisciplinary treatment team meetings and team huddles.
- Documents patient care including consent, assessment, intervention, and care coordination in a timely manner.
- Occasional driving of patients to healthcare appointments using at CHS vehicle.
- Participates in Quality Improvement (QI), Quality Assurance (QA), and Continuous Quality Improvement Activities (CQI) as appropriate.
- Participates in supervision meetings and other meetings as designated by the supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; previous experience in case management field preferred, but not required. Open to considering new grads.
Ability to communicate verbally and non-verbally with patients, coworkers and members of management. Excellent professional customer service skills are required. Knowledge of Word Processing software and Electronic Medical Records software. As well as knowledge of common policies and procedures needed to perform the job. Ability to organize and utilize time management skills, as well as the ability to analyze situations and be able to problem solve quickly and effectively.
Must maintain a valid TN driver’s license.
Cherokee Health Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or genetics.