Credentialing Clerk (Morristown)
Full-time 40 hour/week Monday-Friday
Ideal candidate will have working knowledge and proficient in using Excel; has excellent work ethic, ability to handle multiple tasks, in a busy office environment; excellent communication skills; ability to work independently.
Summary: To assist in enforcing regulatory compliance and quality assurance as well as credentialing licensed providers with insurance plans in order to see a variety of patients.
Responsibilities Include the following:
- Compiles and maintains current and accurate data for all providers
- Completes provider credentialing and re-credentialing applications; monitors application and follows-up as needed
- Maintains copies of current state licenses, DEA certificates, malpractice coverage and any other required credentialing documents for all providers
- Tracks document expiration dates for providers
- Maintains confidentiality of provider information
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Cherokee Health Systems’ policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of the credentialing process preferred.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form.
- Ability to be very detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with providers, management, staff, and contacts outside of the organization.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications (Word & Excel), internet resources and EchoOneApp credentialing software.
Cherokee Health Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or genetics.