Dental Assistant (Knoxville)
Summary: Assists dentist during examination and treatment of patients by utilizing a team based model and performing the following duties.
Responsibilities: Include the following.
- Prepares patient, sterilizes and disinfects instruments, sets up instrument trays, prepares materials, and assists dentist during dental procedures.
- Takes and records medical and dental histories and vital signs of patient.
- Exposes dental diagnostic x-rays.
- Makes preliminary impressions for study.
- Pours, trims, and polishes study casts, fabricates custom impression trays from preliminary impressions, cleans and polishes removable appliances, and fabricates temporary restorations.
- Assists dentist in management of medical and dental emergencies.
- Instruct patients in oral hygiene and plaque control programs.
- Provides postoperative instructions prescribed by Dentist.
- Records treatment information in patient records.
- Schedules appointments, prepares bills and receives payment for dental services, completes insurance forms, and maintains clerical records.
- Applies protective coating of fluoride to teeth.
- Other duties as assigned
Education/Experience: High School Diploma required. Completion of technical training from an accredited program for Dental Assistant.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Database software and Electronic Medical Records systems.
Certificates and Licenses: Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) or Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) in the State of Tennessee.
CHS is an EEO Employer