Dental Assistant (Talbott/Hamblen County)
Summary: Assists dentist during examination and treatment of patients by utilizing a team based model and performing the following duties.
Responsibilities: Include the following but not limited to.
- Prepares patient, sterilizes and disinfects instruments, sets up instrument trays, prepares materials, and assists dentist during dental procedures.
- Takes and records medical and dental histories and vital signs of patient.
- Exposes dental diagnostic x-rays.
- Makes preliminary impressions for study.
- Pours, trims, and polishes study casts, fabricates custom impression trays from preliminary impressions, cleans and polishes removable appliances, and fabricates temporary restorations.
- Assists dentist in management of medical and dental emergencies.
- Instruct patients in oral hygiene and plaque control programs.
- Provides postoperative instructions prescribed by Dentist.
- Records treatment information in patient records.
- Schedules appointments, prepares bills and receives payment for dental services, completes insurance forms, and maintains clerical records.
- Applies protective coating of fluoride to teeth.
- Other duties as assigned
Education/Experience:High School Diploma required. Completion of technical training from an accredited program for Dental Assistant.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Database software and Electronic Medical Records systems.
Certificates and Licenses: Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) or Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) in the State of Tennessee.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
CHS is an EEO Employer