Digital Health Literacy Coach (Knoxville, Seymour)
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
As a member of the healthcare team, the Digital Health Literacy Coach will facilitate patient learning of basic technological skills in an effort to increase health literacy and patient engagement in their health.
- Provides individualized digital health literacy coaching to patients when they are in the clinic including basic skills such as typing and using a mouse, establishing email accounts, and learning to log in and use the patient portal effectively.
- Works with the CHS All of Us Research program team to support recruitment, engagement, enrollment retention, and monitoring of participant flow within the All of Us Research Program.
- Creates and adapts instructional activities that are appropriate for patient skill levels and needs.
- Teaches patients how the use of technology can facilitate healthcare treatment and communication with the healthcare team.
- Works closely with the healthcare team to engage patients in the use of technological resources that assist with coordination of care.
- Completes all tracking and reporting requirements for outcomes and evaluations.
- Maintains appropriate professional standards and provides appropriate follow up contacts with patients.
- Other Duties As Assigned
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or Recognized Equivalent
- Knowledge of basic technological skills and willingness to learn more advanced skills in order to teach others.
- Basic understanding of the healthcare systems and ways to help patients navigate this system effectively.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Exhibits enthusiasm, respect, personal responsibility, adaptability, flexibility, and a spirit of collaboration in the work environment.
- An ability to work with a diverse patient population with empathy and respect.
CHS is an EEO Employer