Family Practice Physician MD/DO
Locations: Chattanooga, Knoxville, Seymour, Morristown, Maynardville & Memphis, TN
SUMMARY: By utilizing a team based model, provides comprehensive medical services for members of family, regardless of age or sex, on continuing basis by performing the following duties.
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Reviews patient file/record, including allergies, problems, medications, and immunization status.
- Elicits and records information about patient's medical history.
- Examines patients for symptoms or physical information.
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient's condition.
- Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examination, and diagnoses condition of patient.
- Administers or prescribes treatments.
- Determines and prescribes medication, dosage, and schedule given the patient's condition and allergies.
- Discusses any possible side effects to medication or immunization with patient.
- Prescribes and administers vaccinations to immunize patient from communicable diseases.
- Promotes health by advising patients about diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
- Performs surgical procedures commensurate with surgical competency.
- Refers patients to medical specialist for consultant services when necessary for patient's wellbeing.
- Documents the patient's visit including medical history, physical exam, diagnoses, and plan of action.
- Conducts physical examinations to provide information needed for admission to school, consideration for jobs, or eligibility for insurance coverage.
- Addresses and responds to daily patient calls during office hours.
- May provide home visits to home bound patients
- Participates in Quality Improvement (QI), Quality Assurance (QA) and Continuous Quality Improvement Activities (CQI) as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Medical Degree, plus minimum 3 years of residency training. Board Eligible or Board Certified.
SIGNIFICANT JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides ongoing high-quality primary care to patients.
- Diagnoses condition of patients based on reports and tests.
- Works collaboratively with members of the interdisciplinary team members providing medical support and consultation as necessary.
- Maintains and documents the problem oriented medical record accurately after each client visit and monitors health maintenance checks of patient panel.
- Directly supervises Clinical Staff.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Cherokee’s policies and applicable laws.
• Adhere to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
• Complete annual education requirements. (not all jobs)
• Always maintain patient confidentiality.
• Report to work on time and as scheduled. Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
• Wear identification while on duty.
• Maintain regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and local regulations. (not all jobs)
• Always represent the organization in a positive and professional manner.
• Comply with all organizational policies and standards regarding ethical business practices.
• Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
• Attend regular staff meetings and in-services as needed.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Cherokee Health Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or genetics.