Human Resources Assistant (Corporate office/Knox County)
Even during the Pandemic, our organization is still growing, and we are looking for talented, innovative, and self-motivated professionals who enjoy working with people while making a difference. Are you a friendly and motivated individual who loves working in a fast-paced environment? If so, we are looking for a multifaceted individual who can successfully multi-task the day-to-day responsibilities of an HR Assistant. We are looking for someone who is customer service-focused, demonstrates initiative, and willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
Temporary position (potential temp to hire)
Location: Corporate Office located on Western Avenue/Knoxville
Must have strong computer skills (Excel, Publisher, ADP Workforce Now experience a plus)
Regular attendance is a must
Telework not available
- Data entry
- Assists with updating job descriptions
- Assists Corporate Recruiter with creating flyers, ads, etc.
- Various projects assigned by VP, Human Resources
- Compiles reports as needed
- Assists with pre-employment processes (running background checks, etc.)
- Maintains personnel file records/update employee records/process term files
- Provides orientation support; assists HR team with general HR functions as required
- Other duties as assigned
Education • High School Diploma or equivalent with at least 1-2 years of office administration experience.
The ideal candidate will have strong computer skills with the knowledge of creating flyers, posts on social media, and strong working knowledge of Microsoft programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be very detail-oriented
- Must be a self-starter
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must have excellent presentation skills (telephone, written, verbal communication), excellent interpersonal skills
- Must possess strong customer service skills; must be a friendly and strong sense of urgency toward internal customer service
- Must have the ability to resolve problems skillfully and in a timely manner
- Must possess the ability to adapt to an ever-changing work environment
- Ability to handle confidential information with great sensitivity
- Must have excellent time management skills and be able to handle multiple projects at any given time
- Must be a polished professional with an outgoing attitude and be a team player
- This position requires dependability as well as a great degree of flexibility
- Must be willing to work extended hours as needed
- Must have proficient computer skills; including but not limited to literate in Microsoft Office; Proficient in ADP Workforce Now a plus or other HRIS system highly preferred
- Must be knowledgeable on federal and state employment laws or demonstrates the ability to learn
- Must have a strong work ethic; must be reliable and dependable; attendance is essential
- Strong administrative skills
- Ability to learn and pick up quickly
- Accountable for projects assigned
- Must be able to work with short deadlines, set priorities independently, and learn quickly.
Cherokee Health Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or genetics.