Location: Knox Co./Knoxville
SUMMARY: An interpreter fluent in Spanish to assist an interdisciplinary team of healthcare providers to facilitate understanding in communications between people who speak different languages in a health care facility.
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Adhere to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
• Always maintain patient confidentiality.
• Report to work on time and as scheduled. Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
• Wear identification while on duty.
• Always represent the organization in a positive and professional manner.
• Comply with all organizational policies and standards regarding ethical business practices.
• Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
• Attend regular staff meetings and in-services as needed.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent. One-year experience as an interpreter in a medical clinic setting preferred.
Ability to demonstrate fluency by passing a Language Assessment administered by CHS Language Services vendor is required.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Cherokee Health Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or genetics.Apply Now