IT Specialist I
SUMMARY: Will provide Level I support in a WAN/LAN environment consisting of Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and Windows 7 desktops and thin clients. The position will be part of a team supporting 500+ users including desktop OS, desktop applications, Electronic Health Record/Practice Management Software, printer, fax, e-mail, video, and voice support.
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned
- Telephone/Helpdesk Support
- Provides Level I support, troubleshooting, and installation of PC desktop operating system and applications
- Provides Level I support, troubleshooting, and installation of printers and fax machines
- Provides Level I support and troubleshooting of voice and video hardware such as desk phones and video codecs
- Provides Level I support, troubleshooting, and installation of scanning equipment and software
- Responds to client inquiries concerning technical issues and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager, helpdesk request tracking system, and/or users, via voicemail, email, or in-person communication
- Instructs users in operation of equipment and software
- Will assist with Level II support or higher to correct major hardware/software issues
- Liaison between end user and support services including Network services and Telecommunications services
- Will require minimal travel among CHS sites
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- A.S. degree or higher preferred; completion of certified computer training program; or two to four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of experience and training
- Knowledge of various software program packages is essential in the performance of described responsibilities to include: Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, NextGen EMR, Citrix, etc….
- Basic programming skills using Visual Basic, XML, HTML, SQL, Java, and ASP a plus
- Knowledge of Cat 5/5e/6 wiring and termination using T568B & T568A standards
- Excellent interpersonal communications and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in both a team and individual environment
- Adaptability, attention to detail, and thoroughness a must
- Ability to work during normal business hours which may include early evenings
- Valid TN Driver’s License and clean motor vehicle record
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Cherokee Health Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or genetics.