Installs, modifies, and makes repairs to end user devices and software systems. Provides tier 1 assistance and training to CHS staff by performing the following duties:
· Helps maintain a stable network environment.
· Prepares end user devices for deployment and deploys such devices as PCs, laptops, tablet PCs, thin clients, iPads, smartphones, printers, fax machines, desk phones, scanners, video codecs, projectors, etc.
· Provides technical support via the phone or in person involving installation, cabling, maintenance, monitoring, and tuning of PCs, laptops, tablet PCs, thin clients, iPads, smartphones, printers, fax machines, desk phones, scanners, video codecs, projectors, etc., and any software associated with them.
· Provides high level technical support via the phone or in person for Electronic Health Record systems and Electronic Practice Management systems, including EHR, EPM, ICS, Patient Portal, web reporter, etc. Supports third party hardware/software that interface with the electronic health record such as EKG, Spirometers, Cardiology, and X-ray applications.
· Provides technical assistance in conjunction with 3rd Party support for pharmacy applications and hardware including POS terminals, robotic refill equipment, etc.
· Loads specified software packages such as operating systems, office suite software, third party applications, updates, service packs, security patches, and firmware onto PCs, laptops, tablet PCs, thin clients, iPads, smartphones, printers, fax machines, video codecs, etc.
· Responds to client inquiries concerning end user equipment operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems.
· Instructs users in proper use of hardware and software.
· Coordinates activities with support services, network services, or other information systems groups.
· Provides updates, status, and completion information to the Director of Support Services, updates request ticket tracking system, and/or users, via voice mail, email, or in-person communication.
· Replaces defective or inadequate hardware and installs updates for operating systems, office suites, and third party applications.
· Refers major network, voice, and video issues to second tier support / Network Services for correction.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Two year Associate Degree; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Individual should be self-motivated to learn new technologies and concepts and dedicate time to stay up to date..
Ability to respond effectively to common inquiries or complaints from end users, management, and third parties that work with CHS.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Windows operating systems, Internet browsers, NextGen electronic health records and practice management, and common third party applications. Individual should understand basic network concepts, terminology, and equipment.Apply Now