Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Alcoa, Seymour)
Counsels individuals or groups regarding psychological or emotional problems such as stress, substance abuse, or family situations and develops and implements therapeutic treatment plan in medical setting by performing the following duties.
- Comply with NASW code of ethics and Cherokee Health Systems’ confidentiality policies
- Actively participate in meetings that support Cherokee Health Systems’ integrated health care model to provide comprehensive care for clients.
- Performs initial intake evaluation by interviewing patient to obtain information concerning their problems and stressors.
- Observes client to detect symptoms of mental illness and refers for evaluation of any possible underlying physical concerns.
- Reviews results of tests to evaluate client needs.
- Plans and administers therapeutic treatment such as behavior modification and stress management therapy to assist patient in managing symptoms and underlying stressors.
- Changes method and degree of therapy when indicated by client reactions.
- Discusses progress toward goals with client such as controlling weight, stress, or substance abuse.
- Consults with medical doctor or other clinicians concerning treatment plan and amends plan as directed.
- Documents progress and treatment plan reviews.
- Evaluate crisis situations and apply appropriate interventions.
- Collaborate with DCS to assist clients in meeting goals for various purposes; family reunification, parenting skills, reporting abuse and compliance with court orders.
- Offers relaxation exercises, peer counseling groups, and family or marital counseling.
- Refers client to supportive services to supplement treatment and counseling.
- Collaborates with other care providers concerning patient as needed.
- Maintains highest quality patient care by providing a safe environment through ethical and professional conduct in which the patient can explore difficult clinical issues.
- Develops appropriate treatment goals.
- Serves in on-call rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Master Degree (MSW or MSSW); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Be able to effectively communicate in one-on-one and/or small group discussions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the following types of software: Word processing, Spreadsheet, and Database software. Must be able to utilize EMR systems
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or License Professional Counselor (LPC) in State of Tennessee.
May supervise Social Work students or case managers.