Licensed Nurse (LPN or RN)- (Knoxville)
Responsibilities: (Include the following but not limited to)
- Interviews patient to determine medical problem or condition and document in chart for physician.
- Obtains and records patient’s vital signs and weight.
- Assists physician with patient examination as needed.
- Reviews physician’s orders, lab requests, or follow up needs with patient.
- Documents services performed for billing purposes.
- Observes patients and reports adverse reactions to medication or treatment to medical personnel in charge.
- Administers specified medication, orally or by subcutaneous or intramuscular injection, and notes time and amount on patient’s charts.
- Initiates a patient education plan, including patient and family instruction, according to the individualized needs of the patient as prescribed by Physician
- Performs laboratory tests as ordered by the nurse practitioner.
- Sterilizes equipment and supplies.
- Maintains supplies, including stocking and ordering new supplies and disposing of expired or damaged supplies.
- Responds to patient telephone triages.
- Follows up with patients who miss appointments.
- Follows up with patients on lab results, including the scheduling of any additional tests.
- Coordinates referrals for patients through insurance and other physician offices.
- Participates in Quality Improvement (QI), Quality Assurance (QA) and Continuous Quality Improvement Activities (CQI) as appropriate.
- Under the direction of the provider, executes standing orders to assure preventive, chronic, diagnostic and medication needs of the patient are met; facilitates the highest quality of care and efficient patient flow in a team based care environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Diploma from technical program- (LPN) or ASN or BSN-(RN)
Registered Nurse with State of Tennessee or Licensed as Practical Nurse in Tennessee
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Strong assessment and critical thinking skills.
• Effective communication skills.
• Strong computer skills. Knowledge of electronic medical records.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position).
• Heavy lifting, pushing and pulling is required; frequent bending, walking, sitting, squatting, reaching and standing are required; keyboard/computer use and/or repetitive motions may be required.
Cherokee Health Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or genetics.