Maintenance Associate (Alcoa & Lenoir City)
SUMMARY: Responsible for maintenance and repair of facilities within the organization.
Location: Alcoa and Lenoir City
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Performs minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment. (Major repairs are performed under the supervision of licensed maintenance workers.)
- Performs preventive maintenance procedures on building mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; inspects belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, greases bearings, seals, etc.; repairs or replaces broken parts.
- Cleans and inspects boiler; treats water with proper chemicals.
- Calibrates and repairs pneumatic systems.
- Replaces broken windows; repairs doors, door locks and closets; installs window blinds.
- Completes daily, weekly, and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- May operate a computer which controls and monitors mechanical equipment and utility systems.
- Installs electrical wiring and equipment; new electrical services, wiring during remodeling projects; replaces and repairs wiring as needed.
- Repairs electrical equipment and control circuits; replaces faulty electrical switches; repairs refrigeration equipment.
- May repair electrical locks and control panels to maintain building security.
- May install computer cable.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Assists with the renovation/remodeling of buildings; repairs plaster and drywall; paints building structures.
- Maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Performs outside custodial duties such as snow removal as required.
- May obtain estimates for supplies, repair parts; orders parts as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
• Adhere to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
• Always maintain patient confidentiality.
• Report to work on time and as scheduled. Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
• Wear identification while on duty.
• Always represent the organization in a positive and professional manner.
• Comply with all organizational policies and standards regarding ethical business practices.
• Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
• Attend regular staff meetings and in-services as needed.
- Education/Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent required, graduate from an accredited technical/vocational institution preferred; or four to ten years related experience and/or training with a strong background in Access Control and CCTV systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language/Communications Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate through all levels of the organization.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited information exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Word Processing software would be helpful.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Cherokee Health Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or genetics.