Summary: Directs activities of workers engaged in operating and maintaining facilities and equipment in buildings such as apartment houses or office buildings by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Responsibilities: Include the following.
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Inspects facilities and equipment to determine need and extent of service, equipment required, and type and number of operation and maintenance personnel needed.
- Assigns workers to duties such as maintenance, repair, or renovation and obtains bids for additional work from outside contractors.
- Directs contracted projects to verify adherence to specifications.
- Purchases building and maintenance supplies, machinery, equipment, and furniture.
- Plans and administers building department budget.
- Compiles records of labor and material cost for operating building and issues cost reports to owner or managing agents.
- Prepares construction specifications or plans, obtaining advice from engineering consultants.
- Assembles and analyzes contract bids, and submits bids and recommendations to superiors for action.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Directly supervises employees in the Building Services Personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The employee must occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally requires frequent sitting, walking, and standing. Environment may include unprotected heights, being around machinery, and exposure to marked changes in temperature
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Cherokee Health Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or genetics.