Maintenance/Construction Associate (Morristown)
Summary: Responsible for construction, maintenance, renovation and repair of facilities within the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Visually inspects and tests equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus. Performs basic wiring of electrical equipment and components.
- Maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Uses a variety of manual and powered hand tools in a safe manner according to operating instructions.
- Aids in the construction and repair of structures and fixtures of wood, steel framing, plywood, wallboard, and electrical components conforming to local building/electrical codes.
- Assembles cut and shaped materials and fastens them together with nails, screws, glue or other specified fastener.
- Verifies trueness of structure with plumb bob and carpenter’s level.
- Prepares flooring for carpeting or tile. Installs carpeting or tile.
- Applies ceiling tiles and insulation.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education/Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent required, graduate from an accredited technical/vocational institution preferred; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language/Communications Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate through all levels of the organization.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited information exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Word Processing software would be helpful.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
CHS is an EEO Employer