Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Creative marketing professional to create, organize and execute all marketing activities for Cherokee Health Systems, including but not limited to: all social media and donor/friend communication; all contact with media, both print and air; all speaking engagements and appearances including requests for comments; all brochures and flier preparation.
Include the following:
- Increase the profile of Cherokee Health Systems in the communities it serves through an active program of information sharing, publicity of events and accomplishments, and outreach into the organizations within the area.
- Respond appropriately to requests for information/comments from all news outlets.
- Maintain current knowledge of activities and priorities of news seeking organizations.
- Respond to and design brochures, fliers, etc. as they are requested by Cherokee departments.
Oversee distribution of same.
- Maintain inventory of appropriate brochures and giveaway items for use at Health Fairs and other community events. Organize and equip our representatives at such events.
- Promote Cherokee Health as our area’s Community Health Center during National Health Center Week. Publicize all activities, especially as they relate to the larger community and to partnering agencies.
- Maintain relationship and contact with all elected officials on a city, state and federal level who will benefit from input from Cherokee and who will be in a position to affect legislation or other formal action which might affect us.
- Serve as the central receiver for all Cherokee information which should be shared through Social media and ensure appropriate entries on social media following Social Media Policies and Procedures.
- Establish and sustain an excellent working relationship with Cherokee Board Members who desire to participate in marketing and development activities.
Education & Experience:
- Education: bachelor’s degree marketing, business administration or related field and a minimum of three years of experience in the field of marketing. In lieu of appropriate degree, successful employment in the field of marketing for five years would qualify with a degree in another field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience: Experience in website management as well as content development. Experience with maintaining Facebook and Constant Contact.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Willingness to try innovative marketing strategies
- Excellent time management; ability to multi-task.
- Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk to or hear. The employee is regularly to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. Hearing of normal and soft tones required.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.