Medical Assistant (Seymour, Knoxville, Chattanooga, Englewood)
Assists in examination and treatment of patients under direction of Physician or Nurse Practitioner by utilizing a team based model and performing the following duties
Responsibilities: Include the following.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information on patients' charts and maintains patient confidentiality.
- Performs phlebotomy to obtain blood samples for laboratory testing as well as obtain other samples required for testing upon medical provider’s request.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Hands instruments and materials to doctor as directed.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials.
- Administers routine diagnostic test or calls medical facility or department to schedule patients for tests.
- Obtains pre-certifications from insurance providers for special procedures.
- Participates in Quality Improvement (QI), Quality Assurance (QA) and Continuous Quality Improvement Activities (CQI) as appropriate
- Participates in Quality Improvement (QI), Quality Assurance (QA) and Continuous Quality Improvement Activities (CQI) as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent, One to two years related experience in medical office and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must possess the ability to communicate verbally and non-verbally with clients, coworkers, and members of management. Excellent professional customer service skills required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software, Electronic Medical Records software, and spreadsheet design.
Certificates and Licenses:
Medical Assistant Certification. Certification in CPR and OSHA training.
Maintain professional certification
CHS is an EEO Employer