SUMMARY: Manages the office in a fiscally responsible manner that maximizes patient care and promotes patient and staff satisfaction while utilizing a team-based model.
Location: Maynardville, TN
RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following:
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Adhere to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
• Always maintain patient confidentiality.
• Report to work on time and as scheduled. Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
• Wear identification while on duty.
• Always represent the organization in a positive and professional manner.
• Comply with all organizational policies and standards regarding ethical business practices.
• Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
• Attend regular staff meetings and in-services as needed.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma. Associates or bachelor’s degree/ four-year college degree or commensurate experience in medical office management preferred. Strongly prefer prior management experience in an outpatient healthcare setting.
Critical success factors include:
Communication Skills: Demonstrates strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
Computer Skills: Demonstrates proficiency with electronic healthcare applications.
Supervisory Skills: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assisting regional management with personnel matters, interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Fiscal/Business Management Skills: Demonstrates proficiency in budgeting, billing, coding, and collections. Maximizes revenue while controlling costs effectively.
Leadership and Self-Development: Demonstrates continuing personal and professional development to improve leadership and management skills.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Cherokee Health Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or genetics.