By utilizing a team based model, a Phlebotomist prepares and process patient’s blood test for our laboratory.
· Explain blood test procedure to patient
· Collect routine skin puncture of venous blood to be analyzed
· Prepare specimens for transport to ensure stability of sample
· Update patient records
· Responsible the preparation of stains and reagents, cleaning and sterilization of equipment
· Administer blood pressure check, pulse, and respiration rate
· Participates in Quality Improvement (QI), Quality Assurance (QA) and Continuous Quality Improvement Activities (CQI) as appropriate.
· Other duties as assigned
Education/Experience: High School diploma or equivalent. Certification Phlebotomy Technician is preferred, Medical Assistant with phlebotomy training accepted. Experience in or willingness to cross train in other areas, including pediatrics and women's clinic is desirable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Work Processing software, Electronic Medical Records software and Spreadsheet design software.Apply Now