Physician (Shelby Co./Memphis)
Location: (Shelby Co./Memphis)
Summary: By utilizing a team based model, provides comprehensive medical services for members of family, regardless of age or sex, on continuing basis by performing the following duties
- Reviews patient file/record, including allergies, problems, medications, and immunization status.
- Elicits and records information about patient's medical history.
- Examines patients for symptoms or physical information.
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient's condition.
- Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examination, and diagnoses condition of patient.
- Administers or prescribes treatments.
- Determines and prescribes medication, dosage, and schedule given the patient's condition and allergies.
- Discusses any possible side effects to medication or immunization with patient.
- Prescribes and administers vaccinations to immunize patient from communicable diseases.
- Promotes health by advising patients about diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
- Performs surgical procedures commensurate with surgical competency.
- Refers patients to medical specialist for consultant services when necessary for patient's wellbeing.
- Documents the patient's visit including medical history, physical exam, diagnoses, and plan of action.
- Conducts physical examinations to provide information needed for admission to school, consideration for jobs, or eligibility for insurance coverage.
- Addresses and responds to daily patient calls during office hours.
- May provide home visits to home bound patients
- Participates in Quality Improvement (QI), Quality Assurance (QA) and Continuous Quality Improvement Activities (CQI) as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
III. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Medical Degree, plus minimum 3 years of residency training. Board Eligible or Board Certified.
IX. SIGNIFICANT JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides ongoing high-quality primary care to patients.
- Diagnoses condition of patients based on reports and tests.
- Works collaboratively with members of the interdisciplinary team members providing medical support and consultation as necessary.
- Maintains and documents the problem oriented medical record accurately after each client visit and monitors health maintenance checks of patient panel.
- Directly supervises Clinical Staff.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Cherokee’s policies and applicable laws.