Practice Management Specialist
The PM Specialist assists in the development and delivery of training and best practices in all aspects of the company’s electronic practice management system. This position must be able to deal effectively with a variety of people, work independently, exercise good judgment, and maintain a friendly and positive attitude at all times. The position will assist in the development, design, and delivery of all PM and DM training materials, documentation, training, and best practices. The position will at times assist in providing PM and DM support to all clinical staff via phone, email, or in-person communication. This position will require travel between all CHS offices.
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned
- Works with the Director of HIM Operations and site management to increase the performance and productivity of all front office and administrative staff through training and documentation
- Utilizes Standard Work documentation to provide PM/DM orientation to newly hired staff, evaluates trainee competency after training, and provides feedback and/or recommendations to the Director of HIM Operations and the trainee’s immediate supervisor on the necessity of additional training
- Collaborates with site management to track trainee progress and assists in the development of training plans based on trainee’s needs
- Assists in the development of training material around workflows, procedures, and best practices and ensures appropriate distribution of said materials
- Must be able to present and demonstrate to a wide audience consisting of patient services representatives, access coordinators, virtual care assistants, and other administrative staff
- May assist in providing PM/DM support to clinical staff via phone, email, or in-person as needed
- Travels to all CHS locations to provide training and support
- Collaborates with the Director of HIM Operations to complete PM/DM training needs assessment and determine scope of training to be delivered
- Conducts routine PM/DM training in areas of workflow and interest and addresses areas of concern
- Participates in PM/DM planning, testing, and design and provides support to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Exercises discretion and independent judgement with respect to matters of significance.
- Other duties as assigned
- Education/Experience: High school diploma; Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Individual should be self-motivated to learn new technologies and concepts and dedicate time to stay up to date.
- Communication Skills: Ability to respond effectively to common inquiries or complaints from end users, management, and third parties that work with CHS.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Windows operating systems; internet browsers; NextGen electronic health record, practice management, and document management; and common third-party applications.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Cherokee Health Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or genetics.