Purchasing Coordinator (Hamblen Co./Morristown)
Location: (Hamblen Co./Morristown)
Schedule: Full-time: 40 hrs/week Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Summary: Coordinates the procurement, inventory tracking and distribution of materials, parts, equipment, and supplies for the organization.
Responsibilities: Include the following:
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Coordinate all activities related to procurement of a commodity beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
- Analyze the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date commodity is needed.
- Solicit and evaluate proposals for the requested commodity.
- Investigate and/or interview potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements.
- Advise team members or management on the appropriate supplier to be used.
- Negotiate the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Implement purchase contracts that comply with company and government regulations.
- Assure that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
- Maintain timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
- Coordinate appropriate methods needed to distribute commodity in a cost effective manner.
- Create and maintain computerized database for supplies management (forms, furniture, ppe, gas/gift cards, etc.).
- Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Travel to designated locations to deliver mail, materials, and supplies as needed.
- Travel to designated locations to evaluate furniture, fixture and design needs.
- Service courier vehicle, includes checking fluid levels, replenishing fuel, maintenance and repair appointments.
- Manage & distribute centralized purchase of stock items (forms, furniture, ppe, gas/gift cards, etc.).
- Review & approve orders placed with vendors for standard offices supplies.
- Monitor and take action on internal requests, includes placing orders with vendors when applicable.
- Ensure corporate purchasing processes follow approved Procurement Policy.
- Coordinate internal and external courier system.
- Assist with corporate owned vehicles by maintaining database and renewing registrations.
- Responsible for local postage machine, posting mail and assisting with corporate postage machine lease renewals.
- Assist in the Accounting Department with miscellaneous duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and minimum 2-4 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong computer skills are required in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook software; the ability to create and maintain a database in Microsoft Access is required.
Cherokee Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Organization may provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to routinely lift and move 30-50 pounds, ability to organize and move materials and supplies.
Reports To: Controller
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt