Registered Nurse (Knoxville, Alcoa, Memphis)
Provides general nursing care to patients in the outpatient integrated clinical setting utilizing a team based model
- Explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding, and relieve apprehension.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques under the orders of the physician or nurse practitioner.
- Prepares equipment and aids Physician during treatment and examination of patient.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient.
- Initiates a patient education plan, including patient and family instruction, according to the individualized needs of the patient as prescribed by Physician
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or Physician of patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of patient.
- Documents nursing history and physical assessment for assigned patients. . Participates in Quality Improvement (QI), Quality Assurance (QA) and Continuous Quality Improvement Activities (CQI) as appropriate.
- Under the direction of the provider, executes standing orders to assure preventive, chronic, diagnostic and medication needs of the patient are met; facilitate the highest quality of care and efficient patient flow in a team based care environment.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
Diploma Nursing or greater degree; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Must possess the ability to communicate verbally and non-verbally with clients, coworkers and members of management. Excellent professional customer service skills required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Work Processing software, Electronic Medical Records software and Spreadsheet design software.
Registered Nurse with State of Tennessee
Cherokee Health Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or genetics.