Research Phlebotomist (Knoxville)
The Research Program Phlebotomist is responsible for facilitating physical measurement and biospecimen collection according to procedures dictated by the All of Us IRB and the CHS protocol, which is in compliance with the All of Us IRB.
Include the following:
- Entering required information into Health Pro
- Daily reconciliation of sent/received biospecimens
- Data tracking reports for appropriate measures
- Taking part in any consortium meetings concerning PM&B
- Training of new staff in PM&B
- Adhere to physical measurements protocol: obtain physical measurements, tracking time to complete, and fill in physical measurements form handout for participant
- Creating Biobank orders: labeling tubes, collecting biospecimens (blood, urine and/or saliva) and tracking time to complete, creating requisitions, processing and storing samples
- Adhering to Collection Procedures, Biohazard Regulations, Exceptional Handling, and Trouble Shooting
- Management of courier pick up
- Communication with the Biobank of any deviations during collection of samples
- Monitor SOPs for new versions – update hard copy binder and implement changes in workflows
- Completing and submitting incident reports
- Supply management: registering with MML (Mayo Medical Laboratory), stocking each AoU site with supplies, expiration/Quality management of supplies, and managing CHS supporting supplies
- Equipment maintenance and requirements: Centrifuge calibration, annually, blood pressure machine: daily maintenance, weekly checks and annual calibration, tape measure SECA-201: daily cleaning and visual maintenance inspection, health O Meter digital scale: daily cleaning and annual calibration requirements, Stadiometer height device: daily cleaning requirements, biospecimen refrigerator: daily temperature assessment/documentation, management and upkeep of logs: equipment, maintenance and housekeeping, general housekeeping of AoU site: daily/PRN
- Travel between three Cherokee Health Systems sites (i.e., Center City in Knoxville, TN, 5th Street in Morristown, TN, and Chapman Hwy in Seymour, TN) will be required.
Education & Experience:
Phlebotomy certification preferred.
Must possess the ability to communicate verbally and non-verbally with clients, coworkers, and members of management. Excellent professional customer service skills required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, electronic medical records software, and spreadsheet design software.
Certificates and Licenses
Must maintain a valid TN driver’s license.