RN Care Coordinator (Talbott)
SUMMARY (full-time/40 hours)
Ensure the overall success of physician’s treatment by collaboratively working with patients, physicians, and practice teams to provide the best care possible as described in the treatment plan by utilizing a team-based approach. Approximately 80 percent of the work schedule will be working on the computer while 20 percent function is on phones.
- Reviews and assesses patient data, including outpatient treatments, inpatient treatments, emergency room visits, medications, medical benefits from Electronic Medical Records (EMR), chart reviews, or other information, to assist in the monitoring and facilitation of adherence to prescribed care plans
- Collaborates with the patient as well as providers regarding opportunities for optimizing care
- Facilitates patient understanding of the physician’s treatment plan, including but not limited to, prescriptions, refills, medical supplies, referrals, authorization of services, and when to seek care
- Interviews patient and/ or family to further assess social, emotional, functional and physical health status
- Ensures the care plan is implemented to include: guidance in quality and cost alternatives for medications, DME, and supplies, referral and coordination to network specialists, and facilitated engagement with appropriate resources, such as a Case Manager, for ongoing condition management or wellness education and support
- Acknowledges patient’s rights on confidentiality issues, maintains patient confidentiality at all times, and follows all HIPAA guidelines and regulations
- Participates in scheduled QI Committee meetings
- Communicates the clinic’s results on QI indicators to clinic staff & participates in action plan development
- Solicits feedback from clinical team including suggestions for action plans, barriers, etc. and relays them to QI Committee
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
TN Licensed Registered Nurse
Able to effectively communicate with staff, physicians and patients. Customer services experience is preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Work Processing software, Electronic Medical Records software and Spreadsheet design software.