School Based Nurse (Memphis-Frayser Community)
Responsibilities: Utilizing a team based model, provides general nursing care to students in a school and/or clinic setting. Collaborates closely with the clinic team in care coordination for students and families.
- Assures efficient and organized workflow of all tasks associated with providing clinical services to patients.
- Fosters good working relationships with school staff and administration
- Makes presentations at community/school meetings as needed
- Develops/presents educational materials in individual & group settings
- Assures clinic compliance with VFC and CLIA regulations.
- Assures adequate staffing and coordinates duties with other nursing staff as needed.
- Supports clinical activities in CHS clinic during school closure or as directed by supervisor
- Assures that clinic supplies are maintained; stocks and orders new supplies and disposes of expired or damaged supplies.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques under the orders of the physician or nurse practitioner.
- Prepares equipment and aids provider (e.g. Physician, NP, PA) during treatment and examination of patient.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient.
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or Physician of patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of patient.
- Documents nursing history and physical assessment for assigned patients.
- Reviews physician’s orders, lab requests, or follow-up needs with patient.
- Responds to patient telephone triages.
- Follows up with patients on lab/test results, including the scheduling of any additional tests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Education/Experience: TN licensed as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse with minimum three years’ practical experience.
- Math Ability: Ability to perform mathematical calculations for medication and vaccine dosages.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software.
- Certificates & Licenses: Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse with State of Tennessee License
- Physical Demands: Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
CHS is an EEO Employer