TN Recovery Navigator (Sevier Co.)
Are you somone that pays attention to detail? Consider yourself to be a flexible person who can work independently? Excellent inerpersonal details?
Full-time- (40/hour per week)
Work Location- Seymour
SUMMARY: Connect overdose patients in emergency departments to services in the behavioral healthcare system for Tennesseans living with substance abuse disorders by utilizing a team based approach.
Include the following but not limited to:
- Meeting personally in emergency rooms with patients who have recently overdosed.
- Referring patients to treatment and recovery support services based on their interest.
- Increasing access to treatment and recovery support programs for individuals in Emergency Rooms who present with substance abuse related issues.
- Building and maintaining relationships with employees and leadership teams at designated hospitals. (may include local healthcare facilities including health departments and clinics).
- Building and enhancing community based resources including relationships with faith based organizations in partnership with current Project Lifeline.
- When able, supporting community forums facilitated by current Project Lifeline to reduce stigma associated with addiction issues.
- When able, coordinating with community partners to increase the availability of evidenced-based recovery programs such as, but not limited to, Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA).
- Attending required trainings and organization meetings.
- Maintaining or becoming certified as Peer Recovery Specialist with the TN Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services.
- Submitting all required data components through state of TN reporting platform.
- Ensuring compliance with all HIPPA regulations according to Cherokee Health Systems policy and procedure.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Four-year college degree or equivalent experience preferred in health education, social work, and/or behavioral-health related field.
- Requirements/Eligibility: Strong communications skills required. Must possess or be in active pursuit of a Certified Peer Recovery Specialist (CPRS) Certification. Willing to travel regionally. Must possess a valid TN driver license and proof of insurance.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the following types of software: Word processing, Spreadsheet, and Database software. Must be able to utilize EMR systems.
Cherokee Health Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or genetics.