Virtual Care Assistant (Alcoa/Lenoir City)
VIRTUAL CARE ASSISTANT
Location: (Blount Co./Alcoa)
Location: (Loudon Co./Lenoir City)
Assists patients in accessing care using virtual platforms. Provides support to CHS providers to optimize the quality and efficiency of virtual visits utilizing a team based model.
Include the following:
- Provides outreach and education to patients to enhance digital health literacy, confidence, and ability to participate in virtual visits
- Assists patients and providers to connect for virtual visits
- Checks in patients utilizing practice management (EPM) system, ensuring completion of the autoflow process and all prompts within.
- Update all patient demographics including address, phone and contact information including required UDS demographics and update Primary Care Provider assignment if applicable.
- Obtains insurance card and ensures scanned into EPM, verifies insurance eligibility utilizing RTS or other available forms of insurance verification. Identify copay/deductible and updates required feeds in the appropriate are of EPM.
- Verifies income to check for qualification of the sliding fee discount, BHSN and other financial programs and provide assistance for enrollment. Primary Care Provider assignment; co-pays/deductibles and enters this information into the computer.
- Provides basic technical support to patients and staff
- Provides administrative support to staff seeing patients virtually
- Performs scheduling or rescheduling of appointments
- Checks out patients utilizing practice management (EPM) system, ensuring we follow thru and complete autoflow process and all prompts within
- Schedule appropriate follow up appointments or entering within our Recall system
- Generate School/Work or excuses, electronically faxing when appropriate.
- Assists with outreach, communication, and collaboration to support the patient’s comprehensive care plan as directed by patient’s licensed provider
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent, one to two years related experience in medical/behavioral health setting and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software, Electronic Medical Records software, Spreadsheet design software, and an ability to learn and understand the general technical requirements for Zoom. With training, ability to provide basic technical support and to triage more difficult problems to appropriate staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Thorough knowledge of standard office procedures, practices and equipment; ability to understand and follow oral and written directions; ability to establish and follow detailed work procedures; communication skills for relaying information with tact and diplomacy; attention to detail; ability to exercise independent judgement.