Women's Health Nurse Practitioner (Knoxville)
Full Time, 40 hours
Location: Knoxville, TN
Summary: Provides general medical care and treatment to Female Adolescents through Adulthood in medical facility such as clinic, health center, or public health agency in collaboration with physician, by utilizing a team based model as well as performing the following duties.
Responsibilities: Include the following.
- Performs female physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed protocol and standard of care.
- Provides prenatal care and family planning.
- Treats chronic and acute health care problems within prescribed protocol and standards of care.
- Performs simple surgical procedures.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient's condition.
- Consults with physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan considering standards of care.
- Prescribes drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Consults with physician and/or refers patients to specialized health resources for treatment according to protocol and standards of care.
- Participates in Quality Improvement (QI), Quality Assurance (QA) and Continuous Quality Improvement Activities (CQI) as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education/Experience: Master's degree in Nursing.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the following types of software: word processing, spreadsheet, and database software. Also should be familiar with NextGen EMR.
- Certificates and Licenses: Licensed RN in the state of TN as a Family Nurse Practitioner with Certificate of Fitness to prescribe medications under the supervision of a physician, serving as preceptor.