X-Ray Tech (Bean Station)
Summary: Assist in examination and treatment of patients under direction of Physician by utilizing a team based model
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Interview patients concerning medical problems and document in charts
- Collect samples of urine, blood, sputum for testing
- Review physicians orders and lab requests
- Sterilize equipment and supplies
- Obtain high quality x-rays for physicians and Nurse Practitioners
- Evaluate and respond to patients problems and questions left by telephone messages
- Obtain and record patients vital signs and weight
- Assist physicians with patient examinations
- Follow up with patients on lab results
- Maintain accurate files and films for x-rays
- Participates in Quality Improvement (QI), Quality Assurance (QA) and Continuous Quality Improvement Activities (CQI) as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned
- Education/Experience: High School diploma or equivalent, One to two years related experience in medical office and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification in CPR and OSHA training.
- Certificates and Licenses: Certification in X-Ray technology; or one to two years in certified training.
CHS is an EEO Employer