Monday, December 03, 2018
Tuesday, December 04, 2018
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Cherokee Health Systems
2018 Western Avenue
Learn techniques and strategies to screen, assess, treat and coordinate care for patients with substance use disorders within an integrated primary care setting.
We will focus solely on integrated care and addiction medicine -- preparing primary care providers, nurses, behaviorists and community health workers to apply integrated care skills to this complex population within the primary care setting.
This Training Academy prepares staff to more effectively and efficiently care for patients with alcohol, opioid, and other substance use disorders. It will build on key integrated care strategies for patients with substance use disorders, focusing on the use of multi-disciplinary primary care and behavioral health teams.
• Wellness promotion and prevention strategies
• Screening and early identification of at-risk use and substance use disorders
• The Addiction Medicine Team: Roles, Functions, and Proficiencies
• Evidence-based treatment protocols for opioid, alcohol, and other substances
• Treatment of vulnerable populations: pregnant women and homeless persons
This event has already passed.